Hello dear friend 🙂
Happy 2021! How I wish we could share a cup of coffee and you could fill me in on your 2020—the good, the bad, the character-building parts.
We have much to catch up on!
Personally, 2020 was a year filled with a few highs, lots of lows, and many “only God” moments sprinkled in between. Here’s a quick snapshot:
- As a mom, I journeyed alongside my 3 teens as their schools went online. My son Benj’s senior year was filled with lots of loss (no prom, a good friend died in a car accident, a summer drive thru graduation, and a cancelled Open House.) #ugh
- Most of our trips to see my eldest son Jake in Arizona were canceled. He was not with us during Thanksgiving or Christmas. We did sneak in one fall break trip in late October. That was the only time I got to hug my son all year.
- As the Executive Director of a global non-profit, 2020 hit us hard. I had to eliminate positions, let go of staff, and worked 80 hours/week for over 4 months straight.
- Our dog of 12 years (Rocky) passed away rather quickly in the month of May.
- My husband John and I sensed we were supposed to move in 2020. (Really, God?!) So our fall was spent listing a home, showing it (with two dogs), buying a new home, and moving. (And yes, we still have oodles of boxes, but we do love our new place!)
- I turned 50 in May. Rather than a huge Mexican fiesta, my family threw a drive-by parade. (Thanks to my friends who still helped me feel very special; and for my husband John for finding a mariachi singer!)
That’s a quick synopsis. I’m still processing all that God taught me last year.
But this I know…I’m ready for 2021!
I desire to thrive in 2021, and not just survive. Freedom and fullness is our inheritance in Christ! 2020 may have thrown me for a loop, but I’ve recalibrated and ready. I’m also so grateful for a do-over!
If you know me well, it won’t surprise you to hear that my new year involves lots of Bible time and Scripture Memory work.
And this year I’ve prayerfully decided to invite you along. I’m ready to live full and walk free in 2021! You too?
Want to join me? Please?
Beginning January 11, 2021, I will be hosting my Bible study Live Full Walk Free Online. My one desire is to grow a stronger faith, and want to come alongside other women to do the same thing. There’s no cost, and I’m receiving no financial compensation to do this. I’m just ready to live full and walk free in Christ. I wonder if you are too?
If so, friend, let’s do this!
My life has been TRANSFORMED because my mind has been TRANSFORMED – and that has come by renewing my mind with His Word. If you are struggling with areas of defeat, discouragement, or just feeling “stuck” – God’s Word works, I promise!
I’d love for you to leave me a comment with a quick snapshot of your 2020. And please know I’m praying for you today, dear friend. May God fill this next year with oodles of His joy, hope, faith, strength, and power. You are so dearly loved!
P.S. The study doesn’t officially start until Tuesday, January 12th. So don’t worry, you are not too late. Check out more details here and then sign up to join the fun! It’s time, friend. It’s time!
No matter where your Christmas plans take you this year––to Grandma’s house, a family garage party, a Zoom game night, or gathered at home with an empty chair or two––please know this Truth: you are not alone.
Jesus Christ, Immanuel, literally means “God with us.”
God is with you, friend.
God. (our Creator, Defender, Protector and Strong Tower)
Is. (Not might be, could be, should be, but He is.)
With. (with = along, amidst, beside, by, for, including, near, upon)
You. (Yes, you, friend. YOU!)
No matter what you have done. No matter what has been done to you. Whether you’ve been naughty or nice or numbed out in 2020.
This I promise you based on the authority of God’s Word, friend. God is with you.
Look for His hand. Lean into His Love.
May your Christmas be filled with oodles of His joy, peace, hope, and comfort. You are loved! And that is the capital “T” Truth!
Merry, Merry Christmas!
Are you ready to live full and walk free in 2021?!
I’d love for you to join me for my Live Full Walk Free Online Bible Study starting January 11, 2021.
Together, let’s dig into God’s Word and journey through the book of 1st Corinthians together. We’ll discover the Corinthians lived in a culture shockingly similar to North America today, marked by immorality, idolatry, and indulgence. As we unpack God’s Truth, the Online Bible Study will help you:
– Recognize common lies and deception from today’s culture, and replace false beliefs with God’s wisdom and Truth.
– Erase old self-defeating lies and labels with the liberating Truth from God’s Word.
– Respond with grace and truth in the “gray areas” of life
– Live victoriously and winsomely in the world, while not participating in the unwholesome activities of the world.
– Guard your mind, heart, and body against sexual compromise, temptations, and immorality.
How It Works
Live Full Walk Free Online is a 7-week Bible study. Through a private FB group, you will have access each week to the full teaching videos for FREE, as well as to a LIVE gathering on Monday evenings hosted by me (with special friends & guests dropping by too!)
All you have to do is register, purchase your Bible study book to follow along (or use one you already have), and engage in the personal study days throughout the week.
The kick-off session begins on January 11! There will be a new video available in the Facebook group every Tuesday.
- Register for the study here.
- Purchase a copy of the Bible study book from Amazon, Faithgateway, or your favorite local Christian bookstore.
- Join the private Facebook group here (or search Live Full Walk Free Online Bible Study). This is where we will meet together each week. Please go ahead and Introduce yourself, say hello, and check back often for free printables and downloads, and giveaways too!
- Mark your calendar for the kick-off gathering on Monday, January 11th at 8 PM ET. Our final Monday Night together will be February 22, 2021.
- Is there anyone else you should invite? Pray about it! Then get ready to step into the full life!
Let the adventure begin!
P.S. A special thanks to our Online sponsors: Thomas Nelson and GEMS Girls’ Clubs!