You’ll never guess where I’m going and what I’ll be doing tomorrow (Monday).
It’s definitely another “only God” moment.
But first, some history.
Most of you know, in 1998 my fiance was tragically killed in a freak workplace accident. I’ll never forget sitting on my parent’s hardwood steps, looking at my pastor/friend Rob in the eye and wailing, “Why? Why, Rob, why? Why would God allow this?”
Rob’s response, “Cindy, I just know God is going to use this somehow…someway. He will bring good from this, if you will let Him. I promise.”
Now to be honest, Rob’s well-intentioned words didn’t bring much comfort at the time. I didn’t want God to use David’s death for good. I just wanted David back – whole, healthy, good, alive – not some story to be redeemed someday.
However, I did promise that night that I would give God my pain….every ounce of it. My heart was shattered in a bzillion different pieces, and I couldn’t carry the broken pieces alone. I begged God to make something beautiful out of my devestated, shattered heart.
Since that time, God has mended my broken heart — painful stitch by painful stitch.
I’ve watched firsthand as God has used the broken pieces for His good purposes. Through the pain of David’s death and the journey of grief following, we’ve witnessed —
- MANY men, women and children give their life to Jesus Christ (including my Dad!)
- God provide opportunity after opportunity for me to speak and share messages of hope based on my personal and painful journey through grief
- God use my story on the Day of Discovery TV program to transform lives around the world. (Check out where God has taken “He Loves Me” here.) Wow!
- My faith was strengthened and refined in the midst of that devastating season. I am now passionate about all Christ followers experiencing an abundant, faith-filled life! (In fact, so much so I wrote a Bible study called Red Hot Faith!)
Now guess what God is doing?
Tonight I’ll be heading to South Bend, Indiana to be a guest early tomorrow morning on The Harvest TV Show, which is broadcast live around the world!
Look at their incredible reach —
The Harvest Show is an internationally syndicated live, hour-long, daily television program with total coverage exceeding 115 million homes:
- World Harvest Television (WHT) – 20 million homes on DirecTV channel 367
- Family Entertainment Television (FETV) – 14 million homes on DISH Network channel 82 and 5 million homes on AT&T U-verse channel 578
- LeSEA Broadcasting Stations in Indianapolis, South Bend, New Orleans, Tulsa, Colorado Springs, and Honolulu reaching 3.5 million homes
- Middle East Television (METV) – 70 million homes throughout the Middle East via the Amos 3 satellite and over 7 million homes in Israel on HOT channel 131 and YES channel 109 (for complete details visit www.metv.org)
- World Harvest Radio (WHR) – Reaching an estimated 1 billion shortwave radio receivers worldwide (www.whr.org; audio only)
Friends, may I ask you to pray? Pretty please?
The LIVE videotaping will begin on Monday morning at 9:00 AM EST.
My stomach is in absolute knots. I couldn’t sleep last night thinking about all the horrible what if’s….what if my face turns bright red, or I have a coughing fit, or I forget what to say, or…..
Thankfully my son Benj is road tripping to Indiana with me tonight, and then my sweet friend Paulette is driving in to pray with me and accompany me to the set tomorrow.
Will you please pray that God accomplishes His good purposes through this imperfect vessel (me!) and most importantly, hearts are transformed and lives are changed for God’s glory alone!
Sweet friends, I want to “do hard things” (recap here) — but I am scared out of my mind about this.
Thankfully my family has been understanding, prayerful, and encouraging. I’ll show up and trust He will do, and leave the results to God (but please promise you’ll pray!)
What’s the craziest thing God has ever asked you to do? Did you do it? I’d love to hear from you!
Thanks for stopping by *She Sparkles*!
P.S. I’ll try to take photos along the way and post them on my FB ministry page. You can follow this adventure here.