Hello dear friend 🙂
Happy 2021! How I wish we could share a cup of coffee and you could fill me in on your 2020—the good, the bad, the character-building parts.
We have much to catch up on!
Personally, 2020 was a year filled with a few highs, lots of lows, and many “only God” moments sprinkled in between. Here’s a quick snapshot:
- As a mom, I journeyed alongside my 3 teens as their schools went online. My son Benj’s senior year was filled with lots of loss (no prom, a good friend died in a car accident, a summer drive thru graduation, and a cancelled Open House.) #ugh
- Most of our trips to see my eldest son Jake in Arizona were canceled. He was not with us during Thanksgiving or Christmas. We did sneak in one fall break trip in late October. That was the only time I got to hug my son all year.
- As the Executive Director of a global non-profit, 2020 hit us hard. I had to eliminate positions, let go of staff, and worked 80 hours/week for over 4 months straight.
- Our dog of 12 years (Rocky) passed away rather quickly in the month of May.
- My husband John and I sensed we were supposed to move in 2020. (Really, God?!) So our fall was spent listing a home, showing it (with two dogs), buying a new home, and moving. (And yes, we still have oodles of boxes, but we do love our new place!)
- I turned 50 in May. Rather than a huge Mexican fiesta, my family threw a drive-by parade. (Thanks to my friends who still helped me feel very special; and for my husband John for finding a mariachi singer!)
That’s a quick synopsis. I’m still processing all that God taught me last year.
But this I know…I’m ready for 2021!
I desire to thrive in 2021, and not just survive. Freedom and fullness is our inheritance in Christ! 2020 may have thrown me for a loop, but I’ve recalibrated and ready. I’m also so grateful for a do-over!
If you know me well, it won’t surprise you to hear that my new year involves lots of Bible time and Scripture Memory work.
And this year I’ve prayerfully decided to invite you along. I’m ready to live full and walk free in 2021! You too?
Want to join me? Please?
Beginning January 11, 2021, I will be hosting my Bible study Live Full Walk Free Online. My one desire is to grow a stronger faith, and want to come alongside other women to do the same thing. There’s no cost, and I’m receiving no financial compensation to do this. I’m just ready to live full and walk free in Christ. I wonder if you are too?
If so, friend, let’s do this!
My life has been TRANSFORMED because my mind has been TRANSFORMED – and that has come by renewing my mind with His Word. If you are struggling with areas of defeat, discouragement, or just feeling “stuck” – God’s Word works, I promise!
I’d love for you to leave me a comment with a quick snapshot of your 2020. And please know I’m praying for you today, dear friend. May God fill this next year with oodles of His joy, hope, faith, strength, and power. You are so dearly loved!
P.S. The study doesn’t officially start until Tuesday, January 12th. So don’t worry, you are not too late. Check out more details here and then sign up to join the fun! It’s time, friend. It’s time!