Hey Friends! Happy Wednesday to you! I’m heading out to the bookstore (next to my home, my favorite place to be!) to dig deep into the Word this morning. Woo Hoo!
Early this morning, I peeked at my blog to see what I was up to one year ago. (Wow ~ last year I still had pilgrims on my porch! I’m not behind this year as I thought!)
Just for fun, I thought I’d repost my randomness from last year ~ and invite YOU to play along! Enjoy! 🙂
1. Which Wizard of Oz character are you most like?
Oh my goodness, I haven’t seen that movie in so long. Didn’t the lion need courage?? If so, I think that’s me. Truth be told, I get so nervous when I think about getting in front of people. Crazy that the Lord would call me for this season to a speaking and teaching ministry. (Isn’t the Lord fun?!) I pray very specifically for an infusion of courage every day. So if I’m remembering right…I would say I’m most like the lion.
2. When you’re deciding what you’re going to wear each morning, which item do you select first? Why?
Shoes. I decide if it’s a tennis shoes day (helping at kids school), bookstore day (I wear heals so I study better ~ crazy I know), slippers day (writing at home) or Uggs day (at the ice rink with my boys). I pick pants from there…
3. What kind of animal do you think the world could live without?
None. If God created it, we must need it.
4. How many Christmas trees are in your home?
None. I still have pilgrims and pumpkins on my porch.
5. Would you prefer to be emotionless if it mean you didn’t have to feel a heartbreak?
Never. The times my heart has been broken the most, God has taught me and shaped me more than I could ever imagine. He does not waste our pain.
6. Do you ever experience holiday let-down or depression?
Thankfully, no. I do know others who do experience this, so God is teaching me a lot about how to journey with others who do, and love them well in the midst of their let down. I’m still learning.
7. Do you like Michael Jackson’s music?
I used to love Michael Jackson and his music. I listened to it all the time. My dad even took me to the Victory Tour Concert in Detroit in 1984. That was probably about the last time I listened to his music too. 🙂
8. Why is it that we never judge people who have their teeth fixed for cosmetic reasons, but every other cosmetic procedure has a stigma?
Let’s all commit to just worrying about ourselves (don’t I sound like a mom?!)
9. Enjoy horseback riding?
No. Wish I did. I’m too scared, I think, or it’s a control issue. I haven’t decided.
10. Shoes–practical or stylish?
Depends on the day. See # 2.
11. What was the name of your first pet? Feel free to post a pic.
I think it was a guinea pig named Benji. (Am I missing one Mom??) I’ll see if I can find the picture. It’s a beauty. I am in the 4th grade with a broken arm and wearing mom jeans.
12. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done?
None. I do have half of my Christmas cards finished though, so I feel good about that 🙂
What about for you?? Will you pick a question or two and share your answers with us? Or answer the questions on your blog and link here so we can all read your answers. Please join the fun ~ I’d love to hear from you!
Thanks so much for stopping by!! Have a BLESSED rest of your week!!
P.S. A note of thanks to Linda at 2nd cup of coffee for hosting the Random Dozen. She always has an interesting mix of questions and everyone is invited to play along. Thanks so much, Linda!!