Hey Speak Up Conference 2017 friends—
Welcome to the #SpeakUp2017 Blog Hop! If you recently attended the Speak Up Conference, we would LOVE to have you participate!
In case you are wondering, what is a Blog Hop, anyway?
Here’s the description provided by Linky Tools:
What is a blog hop?
A blog hop is a linky list that is SHARED ON MULTIPLE BLOGS. When several blogs put the same linky list code on their blog, the exact same list appears on each blog.
Blog visitors can submit their entries on any blog that contains the list. The entries will appear on each blog where the list resides.
Blog readers see the same list on each blog, and can “HOP” from blog to blog seeing the same list of links to follow: BLOG HOP!
Here are the #SpeakUp2017 Blog Hop details:
•Who: Any Speak Up Conference 2017 attendee is encouraged to participate.
•When: The Blog Hop begins this Thursday, July 20th. You may link up anytime between 7/20 – 7/27.
•What is it: A chance for you to share on your blog some highlights from your Speak Up Conference experience, as well as connect with Speak Up participants through social media.
•How to participate in the Speak Up Conference 2017 Blog Hop:
1. Write a Speak Up Conference Recap blog post on your personal blog.
2. Include the Speak Up blog button. You may copy it from the top of this blog post. You may also want to include the button on your blog side bar.
3. Link up! Join the blog hop beginning Thursday morning (7/20/17) starting at 7 AM. Go to the Blog Hop host (that’s me, Cindy Bultema) at www.cindybultema.com. You can join anytime between 7/20 – 7/27.
You will link up by sharing:
- the permalink (url address pointing to your Speak Up recap post) i.e. https://www.cindybultema.com/speak-up-conference-blog-hop-giveaway/
- a title (this could be your name, blog name, or blog post title) &
- a thumbnail picture.
Once the Speak Up Blog Hop is up, click where it says, “You are next… Click here to enter“ at the bottom of the post. Follow the instructions on the form that opens. Your blog should now be linked up to the Speak Up Conference blog hop.
Note: Your post may not show up right away, so don’t get nervous and add your blog a dozen times or it will show up a dozen times later! No worries: you are still under the umbrella of grace. 🙂
4. Add the code to make the list of other entries appear on your blog. Click at the VERY bottom of the Blog Hop post where it says “Get the code here…” Copy the code. Open your Speak Up Conference blog post so you can edit it. Click on the HTML tab. Paste the code you copied at the very bottom of that page full of HTML code. Click update or publish. Refresh your blog so you can see it as the public sees it, and you should see your Speak Up Recap post followed by a list of thumbnail links of other entries.
5. Let your friend and readers know you are participating. Share on FB, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat —wherever your readers hang out.
6. Spend time visiting some of the other blogs. Leave comments. Share encouragement. Sprinkle kindness!
Easy peasy, right?! 🙂
•Don’t forget: Help spread the word by using #SpeakUp2017. Even if you choose not to participate in the blog hop, please stop by and read some of the posts, and leave comments as you are able.
•Why: Let’s celebrate and reflect on what God did in our midst at this amazing, transformational conference!
Please let me know if you have any questions. If this is your first “blog hop,” once the blog post is live on Thursday morning, I think it will make more sense. Just work on your blog post, and I’ll help you with the rest
See you at “the hop!”
P.S. Once the blog post is live on Thursday morning, if you’re still confused, or it didn’t work somehow, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll try to walk you through it. Or just let me know your post is ready, and I’d be happy to add you to the link.