Hey Friends —
Have you heard about the latest live streaming video app called Periscope?
Periscope is a free live-streaming mobile app that allows others to view and broadcast “scopes” from around the world in real-time. I’m having a blast with it!
Y’all, not only did I recently celebrate my 100th scope (yippee!) — I announced my new publishing opportunity on my scope! Woo Hoo!
You can catch the replay here, and my big announcement — with lots of confetti — about 12 minutes into the scope.
If you’d like to learn more about Periscope, here are some quick and easy ways to get started:
1. Download the FREE app either at the App Store or Google Play.
2. Sign up (either with your Twitter account or with your phone number) and then choose your Periscope username (i.e. mine is @CindyBultema).
3. Start following other friends on Periscope.
Some fun “Scopers” to follow: Christine Caine, Crystal Paine (from Money Saving Mom), Natalie Grant, & Priscilla Shirer. I’d love for us to connect on Periscope too (@CindyBultema)!
Then the fun really begins!
You can start watching “scopes.” Here’s how:
1. Click the TV (in the bottom left corner of your screen) to see which of your followers is currently live.
2. You can also see your followers’ most recent scopes (from the past 24 hours) in this tab. After 24 hours, the scopes disappear from Periscope for good!
3. Once you find a scope that interests you simply click on it to open the scope!
4. While you watch the broadcast LIVE, you can write comments or questions in the bottom left corner.
5. Share the love! By tapping your phone/tablet screen while you are watching a LIVE feed, you’ll shower hearts on your screen to show you like what the person is saying, etc.. (sort of like the “thumbs up” key on Facebook).
6. If you liked what you watched, you can share the “scope” with a friend. But remember, after 24 hours the content is gone — so share the news quickly.
Otherwise, you can catch the replays for any of my previous scopes at katch.me/cindybultema. (Good news: you can fast forward and rewind at katch.me too!)
For the month of November, I’m still hosting a daily (Monday—Friday) #coffeechatwithCindy at 2 PM EST. I’d love to have you join the conversation.
To get started, just follow the sign up instructions above. Next,
- Add me as a follower at @CindyBultema
- Open your periscope app at 2 PM EST any weekday
- Ask any questions/comments in the bottom left corner of your screen
- Invite a friend!
For additional information, check out this free training I recently hosted called: #Periscope Made Simple for Speakers/Authors #AWSA:
Here’s the FREE A to Z handout I mentioned: here
Watch some replays, get familiar with Periscope, and then join the fun!
How about for you, friend? Are you on Periscope? (If so, I’d love to follow you!)
Are you following anyone worth noting? Do you have questions you’d like for me to answer in an upcoming #coffeechatwithCindy? Most importantly, how can I pray for you?
Have a joy-filled rest of your week!
What blessing listening to your Periscope! My friend Katie Reid sent me over here. I’m so glad she did! Katie and I write for a site called God-sized Dreams, http://www.godsizeddreams.com. And our heart is to encourage dreamers with the dreams that God has given them. We’d love to spotlight you and share your news on our FB page! God bless…Congrats on your new Bible Study!