Hey Friends —
Have you heard about the latest live streaming video app called Periscope?
Periscope is a free live-streaming mobile app that allows others to view and broadcast “scopes” from around the world in real-time.
Fortunately, I met the amazing Katie Reid at the Speak Up Conference this summer. Katie — being the gracious servant that she is — gave me a crash course, helped script my first “scope,” and then even broadcast my final keynote conference message using — you guessed it — Periscope.
If you’d like to learn more about Periscope, here are some quick and easy ways to get started:
2. Sign up (either with your Twitter account or with your phone number) and then choose your Periscope username (i.e. mine is @CindyBultema).
3. Start following other friends on Periscope.
Some fun “Scopers” to follow: Christine Caine, Crystal Paine (from Money Saving Mom), Natalie Grant, & Priscilla Shirer. I’d love for us to connect on Periscope too!
Then the fun really begins!
You can start watching “scopes.” Here’s how:
1. Click the TV (in the bottom left corner of your screen) to see which of your followers is currently live.
2. You can also see your followers’ most recent scopes (from the past 24 hours) in this tab. After 24 hours, the scopes disappear from Periscope for good!
3. Once you find a scope that interests you simply click on it to open the scope!
4. While you watch the broadcast LIVE, you can write comments or questions in the bottom left corner.
5. Share the love! By tapping your phone/tablet screen while you are watching a LIVE feed, you’ll shower hearts on your screen to show you like what the person is saying, etc.. (sort of like the “thumbs up” key on Facebook).
6. If you liked what you watched, you can share the “scope” with a friend. But remember, after 24 hours the content is gone — so share the news quickly.
For the month of September, I’m hosting a daily (Monday—Friday) #coffeechatwithCindy at 2 PM EST. I’d love to have you join the conversation.
To get started, just follow the sign up instructions above. Next,
- Add me as a follower at @CindyBultema
- Open your periscope app at 2 PM EST any weekday in Sept
- Ask any questions/comments in the bottom left corner of your screen
- Invite a friend!
For additional information about how to #periscope with purpose, check out this free training I recently hosted:
Don’t forget: If you miss a scope, although it will be gone from Periscope, I’m saving them at katch.me/cindybultema.
Watch some replays, get familiar with Periscope, and then join the fun!
How about for you, friend? Are you on Periscope? (If so, I’d love to follow you!)
Are you following anyone worth noting? Do you have questions you’d like for me to answer in an upcoming #coffeechatwithCindy? Most importantly, how can I pray for you?
Have a joy-filled rest of your week!