Happy Weekend to you! What’s on your calendar this weekend??
I hope your weekend includes times to play!
I’ll be honest…my To-Do list is 10 miles long, my Spring calendar has quickly filled up and I have 2 full suitcases still (ugh!). But in an effort to be a human “being” and not just a human “doing” – I’m going to go OFFLINE (yes, I said it – hold me accountable!) and be intentional to PLAY this weekend, be FULLY present and just plain ole enjoy my life!
What will that look like? I’m no sure yet…but I’m going to try and use all 5 senses!
I’m going to use my….
* eyes – to view the beautiful colors of spring, see people and places and things from God’s perspective, and view the wonders of “new life” in springtime in Michigan….
* ears – to listen to the birds and the laughter of my kids and if the weather man is right, the gentle pitter patter of the rain…
* mouth – to taste something wonderful and yummy and savor every bite (and not just shove in a protein bar while I run out the door). I’m not going to worry about calories or “points”, but just taste something delicious. Any suggestions??
* touch – I’ve been trying to be intentional about stopping and touching and really feeling my surroundings. My kids when I snuggle close at bedtime. The blanket covering me while I read my Bible study. My dog when he is hungry for attention….
* smell – the flowers, the fresh grass, the springtime candles in my home…
You get the idea! Let’s commit to spending some time playing, enjoying, and being fully present this weekend.
Anyone with me? How will you play this weekend??
Thanks for stopping by *She Sparkles*. God’s richest blessings to you!!!
P.S. Here are the winners from my most recent giveaways….
TobyMac ~ Lindsey Gutbrod! Congratulations Lindsey and family! I’ll send over some details from TobyMac’s promoters for the April 19th concert and Meet & Greet!
Baker Book House “Fun Pack of Books” ~ Lacey from the Rumley family. (Lacey, can you send me your contact information?)
Ann Voskamp’s 100o gifts ~ Sara B. (Sara, can you send me your contact info too?)
Thanks to everyone who has entered my recent giveaways. I love sharing things I love with y’all! 🙂