Thanks for praying me through the Speak Up Conference last week!
I can’t wait to share with you how God showed up BIG TIME!
I’m still processing everything I learned and experienced – but look for updates and fun pictures very soon.
Thank you for your prayers and encouragement!
Today I have “Fat Talk” on my brain.
If case you are wondering, “Cindy, what in the world is ‘fat talk'”? Here’s how the Reflections Program describes it…
- Fat Talk describes all of the statements made in everyday conversation that reinforce the thin ideal and contribute to women’s dissatisfaction with their bodies.
- Examples of fat talk may include: “I’m so fat,” “Do I look fat in this?” “I need to lose 10 pounds” and “She’s too fat to be wearing that swimsuit.”
- Statements that are considered fat talk don’t necessarily have to be negative; they can seem positive yet also reinforce the need to be thin – “You look great! Have you lost weight?”
Can I be honest with you? Most of my 42 years, “Fat Talk” ruled my life.
Many of you know my story and life long struggle with weight issues (recap here). It was empty, defeated, self absorbed living….and “Fat Talk” nearly cost me my life.
Thankfully today I AM FREE!.
Can I get a “Woo Hoo”?!
Do I still wrestle with “Fat Talk”? Yes.
BUT…..I now have tools and TRUTH to help me experience the victorious, free, abundant life that is mine (that is YOURS!) in Christ!
Lisa’s Radio Program will be on air live this Thursday, June 28th, at 11:00 AM EST.
I can’t wait to share a message of Truth, hope and encouragement to women struggling with “Fat Talk” around the country
Here’s where I would love your help, dear *She Sparkles* friends!
- Have you ever wrestled with “Fat Talk”?
- Are you experiencing freedom in this area?
- What has helped you on your journey of freedom? What do you wish someone would have told you?
- If you could ask me a question about my journey from “Fat Talk to Freedom“, what would it be?
Also, if you have experienced victory in this area, I would LOVE to hear YOUR story! 🙂
Let’s ask God to redeem every lost moment that we’ve wasted allowing “Fat Talk” to rule our lives – carrying a heavy load of shame and guilt for not looking like the world’s definition of beauty (blech!).
Let’s also thank Him in advance for renewing our minds and giving us eyes to see ourselves as He sees us – beautiful, lavishly loved daughters of the King!
Let’s live different than the world, friends! Let’s live “Fat Talk Free”!
(Sign the promise form here)
Thanks for stopping by *She Sparkles*! God’s richest blessings to you!