Hey Friends –
Today is my 43rd birthday! Woo Hoo!
2. For my first date with my husband John, we went rollerblading.
3. Growing up, I always wanted to be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader or a teacher.
4. My dad attended Purdue University when I was little ~ so I lived in the student housing there in Lafayette, Indiana.
5. I loved being an RA (Resident Assistant) at Michigan State University.
6. My first job was at the Quad Movie Theater.
7. I love being a mom 🙂
8. I spent Easter 2002 in the Sahara Desert. We stayed in a refugee camp (cockroaches and all). (See pic above ~ can you tell which person is me?!)
9. I once won my church’s Chili Cook-off.
10. I grew up in Kokomo Indiana. I still keep in touch with my best friend from those years (JJ Stutzman-Landis). I can’t believe she’s put up with me all of these years! 🙂
11. In August of 2003, I officiated a wedding. Can you believe it, me?! (I hope they are still married!)
12. I love to CELEBRATE! Especially with colorful table cloths and lots of confetti! Party City is my favorite party store!
13. I usually read about 4 books at a time. Currently I am reading…Experiencing the Spirit by Henry Blackaby, Dream Thieves by Rick Renner, Spirit Hunger by Gari Meachum, Bread & Wine by Shauna Niequist and more!
14. I go to Starbucks more than I should. My drink of choice – a skinny vanilla latte, extra hot, no foam. My little Sarah likes Starbucks more than me now. She’ll say, “Hey Mom…want to go to Starbucks???” How can I resist???
15. I cook dinner every night. I would have never thought I would enjoy it ~ but I do. (Except tonight for my birthday we’ll order pizza).
16. I had the opportunity to pass out Samaritans Purse Shoeboxes in Cairo, Egypt in 2003. (Trip highlights here). It was absolutely lifechanging. (Pic below is me in Egypt in a local hospital on the childrens’ cancer floor ~ I was pregnant with my little Sarah for this trip).
I would LOVE to go back to Egypt!
17. I gave my life to Jesus Christ in July 1996 (You can read my testimony here). My life has not been the same since (Praise the Lord!)
18. I am passionate about….Jesus, the Bible, praying, living fully, celebrating life, encouraging others, sharing life with my friends (usually over coffee), and being the best wife and mom I can be.
19. I have some of the best friends in the whole wide world. I’m in awe of the amazing women friends God has brought into my life (you know who you are!)
20. My son Jake is MUCH taller than me now. I have to stand on my tip toes to give him a kiss.
21. Did I mention I love being a mom???
22. I could spend all day at the bookstore studying the Bible. Next to my home, it is my favorite place to be.
23. My life verse is Jeremiah 29:11. God’s Word has absolutely transformed my life!
24. My husband and I are exact opposites ~ but I couldn’t imagine anyone else in the whole wide world I’d rather be married to. God is the perfect match maker!
25. My greatest desire is to point people to Jesus with everything that I think, say, and do. He is my life. I hope to *sparkle* for Him!
I feel so blessed that you made it through all 25 Random Things! Thank you!
In honor of my birthday, I would like to give a $43 gift certificate to Starbucks to one blessed *She Sparkles* friend!
To Win my birthday Giveaway: Leave a comment in the comment section answering this question:
What was one new thing you learned about me??
•Follow *She Sparkles*
•Subscribe to *She Sparkles*
or Tweet about this giveaway including a link to this post
Please be sure to leave me a comment to let me know your extra entries.
RULES: Starts today, Thursday, May 9th and ends Sunday, May 12th at 9 PM.
Winner will be contacted during the week of May 13th. If your email address is not connected to your ID, please leave your email address with your comment or email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Giveaway”.
Thanks for stopping by *She Sparkles*. I’m off to go celebrate!! 🙂
God’s richest blessings to you~
Well, I have to comment about reading 4 books at a time because that is what I do as well! I’m reading No More Perfect Moms by Jill Savage, Wild Things by David Thomas and Stephen James, Once Upon a Prince by Rachel Hauck and Stressed Less Living by Traci Miles. I love your list of 25 things! I think you are a very interesting person!
I subscribe to your blog!
I follow your blog!
Made a tweet: https://twitter.com/shondaek/status/332495338126581760
Happy Birthday, Cindy!! I never knew you officiated a wedding! So cool!! I hope you have a fabulous day,my friend! 🙂
I learned how many books you read at once although I should have known it, you go full steam ahead so much! Enjoy your awesome day!
We are all celebrating your Birthday!!! Love u!!!!!!
I follow your blog.
I like that you are reading 4 books at a time. I am reading A Confident Heart by Renee Swope, Calm my Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow, Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Girls Gone Wise in a World Gone Wild by Mary Kassian and One Breath away by Heather Gundenkauf ( fiction)
Happy Birthday, Cindy! I learned that you cook dinner every night. You’re an amazing woman and I’m honored to be your friend! Someday we’ll get to share life over a cup of coffee again. Much love and many hugs to you today.
Hi Cindy! Happy Birthday!!! I remember well our Easter in the Sahara and the night in Spain when we shared a hotel room and were both missing our families. You were such an encouragement to me then. I never knew that you wanted to be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader:) Hope that your day is lovely.
I subscribe to your blog.
I follow your blog
That you would love to go back to Egypt. I didn’t know that. Hugs!
Happy birthday, Cindy! I had no idea you officiated someone’s wedding! 🙂 And, definitely knew all the priorities of God, family, and coffee. 😉 haha. I’m bummed that I can’t make it to the brunch at Friendship Country Chapel next weekend. Noelle will be diving down at WMU. Have fun!
I didn’t know that you officiated a wedding – and I am impressed that you make dinner every single night!
Happy Birthday Cindy! I didn’t know you were pregnant when you went to Egypt. Now I think you are even braver 🙂
Well, you know how much I love getting to know you. I did not know many of these things! Clearly, we must stay up until 2AM at conferences together. Seriously, EGYPT?? Awesome.
I already Subscribe.
I also already follow.
I didn’t know about your mission trips, they sound amazing!
I follow you on Facebook!
Happy Birthday Cindy!!
I learned that your first job was at the quad movie theater, and, that you lived in student housing with your Dad. And I don’t think I knew about Qdoba being your favorite, but I did know you love mexican. 🙂 I hope your day is as fabulous as YOU!!
Love you SO SO MUCH!
I love you more than Starbucks… and that is A LOT! 😉
I already follow you and subscribe to you, and I tweeted.
Happy Birthday, Cindy! I learned that you spent Easter 2002 in the Sahara Desert. Wow!
I follow you on Facebook.
I subscribe to your emails.
I learned you’ve been to Egypt and the Sahara desert. Happy Birthday!
I read 4 books at a time too! I didn’t know you went on a trip with Samaritans purse. I’d love to do that!
I follow she sparkles
Happy Birthday sweet Cindy!!! I learned Qdoba is your favorite restaurant – I’ve never eaten there, in fact I don’t think we have it here. But if it’s mexican food I’d love it too!!! Wish I could go with you 🙂 Anyways, hope your day was super blessed. Love ya, Jenny C.
I pray your birthday was filled with sweet blessings.
Not sure where the “comment” section is, but your #3 list item is not only something new I learned about you, but as I teacher I can TOTALLY understand how it would be very hard to choose between being a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader or a teacher. Hmmmm, thanks for making me laugh out loud this morning, as I’m donning my “outfit” and going to “cheer”.
Charlotte (Chattanooga friend)
Loved reading your 25 list! Happy Birthday!
PS. I’m a subscriber, too. 🙂
I did not know that you went to Egypt! What an exciting place to go to! The culture there is so different from ours! What a great cause to be a part of as well! I also did not know that you officiated a wedding. That one surprised me! : ) I hope that you had a wonderful birthday! You don’t look your age at all!
P.S. If I win the Starbucks Gift Cert. I will treat you to a coffee! : )
I heard you speak once at MOPS and regularly read your blog but I did not know that you had been to Egypt. Would love to hear more about that trip. Have a blessed birthday!