Hey Friends –
Today is my 43rd birthday! Woo Hoo!
2. For my first date with my husband John, we went rollerblading.
3. Growing up, I always wanted to be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader or a teacher.
4. My dad attended Purdue University when I was little ~ so I lived in the student housing there in Lafayette, Indiana.
5. I loved being an RA (Resident Assistant) at Michigan State University.
6. My first job was at the Quad Movie Theater.
7. I love being a mom 🙂
8. I spent Easter 2002 in the Sahara Desert. We stayed in a refugee camp (cockroaches and all). (See pic above ~ can you tell which person is me?!)
9. I once won my church’s Chili Cook-off.
10. I grew up in Kokomo Indiana. I still keep in touch with my best friend from those years (JJ Stutzman-Landis). I can’t believe she’s put up with me all of these years! 🙂
11. In August of 2003, I officiated a wedding. Can you believe it, me?! (I hope they are still married!)
12. I love to CELEBRATE! Especially with colorful table cloths and lots of confetti! Party City is my favorite party store!
13. I usually read about 4 books at a time. Currently I am reading…Experiencing the Spirit by Henry Blackaby, Dream Thieves by Rick Renner, Spirit Hunger by Gari Meachum, Bread & Wine by Shauna Niequist and more!
14. I go to Starbucks more than I should. My drink of choice – a skinny vanilla latte, extra hot, no foam. My little Sarah likes Starbucks more than me now. She’ll say, “Hey Mom…want to go to Starbucks???” How can I resist???
15. I cook dinner every night. I would have never thought I would enjoy it ~ but I do. (Except tonight for my birthday we’ll order pizza).
16. I had the opportunity to pass out Samaritans Purse Shoeboxes in Cairo, Egypt in 2003. (Trip highlights here). It was absolutely lifechanging. (Pic below is me in Egypt in a local hospital on the childrens’ cancer floor ~ I was pregnant with my little Sarah for this trip).
I would LOVE to go back to Egypt!
17. I gave my life to Jesus Christ in July 1996 (You can read my testimony here). My life has not been the same since (Praise the Lord!)
18. I am passionate about….Jesus, the Bible, praying, living fully, celebrating life, encouraging others, sharing life with my friends (usually over coffee), and being the best wife and mom I can be.
19. I have some of the best friends in the whole wide world. I’m in awe of the amazing women friends God has brought into my life (you know who you are!)
20. My son Jake is MUCH taller than me now. I have to stand on my tip toes to give him a kiss.
21. Did I mention I love being a mom???
22. I could spend all day at the bookstore studying the Bible. Next to my home, it is my favorite place to be.
23. My life verse is Jeremiah 29:11. God’s Word has absolutely transformed my life!
24. My husband and I are exact opposites ~ but I couldn’t imagine anyone else in the whole wide world I’d rather be married to. God is the perfect match maker!
I feel so blessed that you made it through all 25 Random Things! Thank you!
In honor of my birthday, I would like to give a $43 gift certificate to Starbucks to one blessed *She Sparkles* friend!
To Win my birthday Giveaway: Leave a comment in the comment section answering this question:
What was one new thing you learned about me??
•Follow *She Sparkles*
•Subscribe to *She Sparkles*
or Tweet about this giveaway including a link to this post
Please be sure to leave me a comment to let me know your extra entries.
RULES: Starts today, Thursday, May 9th and ends Sunday, May 12th at 9 PM.
Winner will be contacted during the week of May 13th. If your email address is not connected to your ID, please leave your email address with your comment or email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Giveaway”.
Thanks for stopping by *She Sparkles*. I’m off to go celebrate!! 🙂
God’s richest blessings to you~