Hey Friends –
Welcome! If this is your first visit — hello, friend! You can start from the beginning here. Thanks for joining us on this red-hot fith-filled journey!
Let’s dig in to Day 12 —
So far we’ve discussed — if we want God to fire up our faith, we must spend time “up the mountain” in His Presence.
I shared questions I now ask myself on a regular basis:
- Do I find more comfort in the presence of people than in the Presence of God?
- Do I spend more time in the presence of people than in the Presence of God?
- Do I spend more time online in the presence of people than in the Presence of God?
Last week we talked about Key # 2 – God’s Promises
If we want God to Fire Up our Faith, we must “want to” cling to His powerful promises — memorizing, meditating, studying, sharing, and letting the Word of God dwell richly in us.
“If you are feeling overwhelmed or you don’t know where to begin, pray the promises of God….If we stand on God’s Word, God will stand by His Word.” —Mark Batterson
Today let’s spend time putting everything we’ve learned together and spend time in His Presence praying His promises!
Today’s Challenge: Day 12 of our 31 Days.
1. Grab your Fire Up My Faith notebook and head to “your chair.” Jot down today’s date and then use this song (one of my favorites!) to prepare your heart to spend time in His presence.
2. If you haven’t done so already, recreate the Exodus 32-34 drawing, and then, spend time reflecting on the following questions:
Do I find more comfort in the presence of people than in the Presence of God?
As you look at your little mountain picture, who do you identify with the most?
- Moses ~ enjoying time in God’s presence
- Aaron ~ who had been with God before, but now was hanging out with the people, and allowing them to impact his decisions.
- People ~ hanging out at the camp, who wanted to stay “at a distance” from God, and were content getting God’s Word from others, but didn’t pursue a relationship with Him.
Journal your thoughts. Ask God to remove any distractions getting in the way of your relationship with Him.
3. Have you printed off this free downloadable/printable Fire Up Your Faith Bookmark? If not, please do so, and then sarting with the “A” verse, look up a verse or two and record what you learn about Who God is and what He is able to do.
4. Do you have this downloadable/printable bookmark Praying God’s Promises Bookmark? Spend time in His Presence praying God’s Word.
5. How are you doing, really? Have you taken the time to jot down in your journal any personal circumstances or obstacles that are getting in the way of your faith life. I’d encourage you to write out all your challenges, then start to —
Pray God’s promises over your problems!
Thanks so much for stopping by 31 Days to Fire Up Your Faith! Be sure to stop by tomorrow when we start talking about our “P’ # 3. You won’t want to miss it!
It is a joy to journey with you, dear friend! May God fire up our faith in fresh new ways as we spend time “up the mountain” with Him!
P.S. In case you don’t want to miss a day, you can like my FB page, connect with me on Twitter, or subscribe to my blog via the sidebar. There’s 29 more days of ideas, resources, and encouragement to Fire Up Your Faith to come!