Don’t forget to enter the Fire Up Your Faith A to Z versepack giveaway here! Today (Friday) is the last day to enter.
Hey friends –
Welcome to Day 10 of 31 Days to Fire Up Your Faith!
The question on the table this month — how do we allow God to ignite our heart with fresh faith, purpose and passion?
Over the next 31 Days, I’ll be sharing 5 Keys to living with Fired Up Faith.
This week we’ve been talking about Key # 2 – God’s Promises
If we want God to Fire Up our Faith, we must “want to” cling to His powerful promises — memorizing, meditating, studying, sharing, and letting the Word of God dwell richly in us.
And you know what?
Y’all want to! It makes my heart so happy!
I’ve loved hearing how you are printing off my free downloadable/printable verse cards, and seeing where you are memorizing your verses too. (Keep ’em coming too, friends!)
And in case you “want to” but need some help with “how to” memorize Scripture —
Don’t forget to print off this sheet with 25 Tips red-hot Tips for Memorizing Scripture. Thanks, Karen B!
Today let’s talk about Praying God’s Promises. It’s a sure-fire way to fire up your faith!
True confession: When I became a Christian at age 26, I had no clue how to pray.
The first time I attended a woman’s Bible study, the prayer time at the end of our session terrified me.
- Do I share how I’m really doing or give a “safe” prayer request?
- What am I supposed to pray about regarding the other ladies?
- When should I pray?
- Do I keep my eyes closed or open?
- Will they think I’m weird if I “take a pass” and don’t pray out loud? Yikes!
I’m sad to admit that I was so uncomfortable with the closing prayer experience, I never went back to Bible study again that season.
Thankfully God has been growing me in my prayer comfort level through the years.
In fact, praying is now one of my most loved things to do! (Prayer recap here)
One of my favorite ways to bring my requests before Him is by praying His powerful, Truth-filled promises.
Author Mark Batterson shares from his book Praying Circles —
“If you are feeling overwhelmed or you don’t know where to begin, pray the promises of God….
Our most powerful prayers are hyperlinked to the promises of God. When we know we are praying the promises of God, we can pray with holy confidence. But our problem as believers isn’t overclaiming the promises of God; it’s underclaiming them. If we stand on God’s Word, God will stand by His Word.”
Let’s give praying God’s promises a try!
Today’s Challenge: Day 10 of our 31 Days.
- Open your heart and mind to all that He has for you on this 31 Day journey
- Remove any distractions, obstacles or challenges that could get in the way of your completing this 31 Day Fire Up Your Faith adventure.
- Infuse you with a fresh desire to grow in your prayer life
2. Print off this free downloadable/printable bookmark Praying God’s Promises Bookmark and then “go up the mountain” and spend time in His Presence praying God’s Word.
3. How are you doing this week, really? Have you taken the time to jot down in your journal any personal circumstances or obstacles that are getting in the way of your faith life. I’d encourage you to write out all your challenges, then start to —
Pray God’s promises over your problems!
If you’re not sure what to pray, here are some suggestions —
Sweet friend, thanks so much for stopping by 31 Days to Fire Up Your Faith!
I’ll close with a quote from one of my favorite authors — Corrie TenBoom.
“Prayer is powerful! The devil smiles when we make plans. He laughs when we get too busy. But he trembles when we pray!”
May you take time today to pray God’s promises over your problems, and as you do, may He change your heart — infusing you with fresh strength, peace, joy, hope, and a fired up faith!
P.S. Don’t forget my fun new announcement! My Bible study — Red Hot Faith: Lessons from a Lukewarm Church— is going to be offered as an on-line study this fall! Woo Hoo!
Starting October 29th, you can participate in Red Hot Faith (including watching the DVD teaching sessions) from the luxury of your own home through Ignite Women. My super passionate friend Paulette Stafford Stamper & her team will be facilitating the online study each Wednesday night. And guess what else? In honor of Ignite Women’s national launch, they are offering free membership through November 30th.
If you know anyone who might benefit from this amazing opportunity, please feel free to share. For more info go to www.IgniteWomen.com.